Special Recreation Association
of Central Lake County
To see a preview of Spring 2023 Round Lake Programs go HERE
To see the full SRACLC Spring 2023 Catalog, go HERE
SERVICES TO PARTICIPANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Round Lake Area Park District is a Member Agency of the Special Recreation Association of Central Lake County. SRACLC, a cooperative of four park districts and four villages, provides year-round recreation programs and services for children, teens, and adults with special needs and disabilities. SRACLC offers fitness and sports, drama and music, arts and crafts, camps and day programs, and numerous other recreation opportunities. The agency strives to create new experiences, opportunities for skill development, meaningful recreation, and a safe place to make friends and "be yourself".
SRACLC MISSION STATEMENT
The Special Recreation Association of Central Lake County provides recreation programs and services to individuals with special needs or disabilities, and their families, who reside within the boundaries of Member Agency communities.
SRACLC VISION STATEMENT
To be a respected leader through the provision of high quality community based recreation experiences that enrich the quality of life for our participants and their families.
For a complete catalog of programs and more information about SRACLC, visit www.sraclc.org.
271 N. Archer Ave.
Mundelein, IL 60060
SRACLC offers nearly 500 recreation programs per year for people of all ages and ability, but Round Lake Area Park District believes in equal opportunity for everyone and everyone should be allowed to participate at their highest level.
Round Lake Area Park District and SRACLC together provide inclusion services to individuals with disabilities wishing to participate in the Round Lake Area Park District recreation programs at no additional cost to the family. Inclusion services may include, when necessary, staff training, program modifications/adaptations, adapted equipment, additional staff, and program observations.
HOW TO REQUEST INCLUSION SERVICES
When registering for a Round Lake Area Park District program:
- Please register online or in-person early.
- Please confirm the participant will require assistance from SRACLC by notifying the Round Lake Area Park District Guest Services Department by email (Registration@rlapd.org) Or phone (847.546.8558) if you need inclusion services and to discuss the type of inclusion support needed for the participant.
- Please allow plenty of time for Round Lake Area Park District and SRACLC to arrange the support that may be needed.
- The Round Lake Area Park District will provide SRACLC with an inclusion request that contains both program and participant information.
- SRACLC will work with the Round Lake Area Park District to put the necessary inclusion accommodations in place for participation in the desired program(s)
- Communication between you, SRACLC, and the Round Lake Area Park District staff continues throughout the Inclusion process
For more information regarding Round Lake Area Park District inclusion services, contact:
Round Lake Area Park District
SRACLC Employment Opportunities
SRACLC has a variety of employment opportunities. To see the latest job openings, visit sraclc.org/work-with-us/.