Safety Conditions at the Sled Hill and Ice Rinks
A flag system will be used to signal safety conditions at the sled hill and outdoor ice rinks:
GREEN FLAG = HILL OR RINK IS OPEN
RED FLAG = HILL OR RINK IS CLOSED
This determination is made by the Round Lake Area Park District. For your family's safety, please use facilities only when they are open. For current sled hill and ice rink conditions, you may also call 847-546-8558. Parents, Hart's Hill is unsupervised, so please review rules (below) with your kids.
|Hart's Hill Park - Sled Hill
||Red||9:00 am - 9:00 pm
|Hart's Hill Park - Outdoor Ice Rink||Red||9:00 am - 9:00 pm
|Whipple O. Parrot Park - Outdoor Ice Rink
||Red||9:00 am - Dusk
|Sports Center Park - Outdoor Ice Rink||Red||9:00 am - Dusk|
Rules at the Sled Hill & Outdoor Ice Rinks
- Recreational use is only allowed when the Park District opens the hill and/or ice rinks.
- Adequate snow cover and appropriate weather conditions are needed, as determined by the Park District. See Safety Conditions, above.
- Hours are 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, except for Sports Center Park and Whipple O. Parrot Park which are open 9:00 am until dusk.
- Ice Rinks and Hart's Hill are unsupervised; use at your own risk.
- Parents must supervise their children at sled hill.
- Use only devices designed and approved at sled hill.
- Toboggans, bike or trike sleds and metal rail sleds are not allowed.
- No ramps or snow moguls may be fabricated.
- Unsafe acts are prohibited.
- No littering, fires or alcohol allowed.
- Violators subject to penalty under District Ordinance.