Show Us Your Best Shot
Photography Contest Guidelines 2023-24
The photo contest is open to all amateur photographers, youth to adult. (Amateur is defined as someone who derives less than 50% of their annual income from the sale of photographs or photographic works.) Youth must be 16 years or younger. For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry Deadline is 11:59 p.m., Jan. 31, 2024.
- Click here to upload your entries.
- All photo entries must be uploaded to our digital asset management platform, Smugmug. Entries need to be a minimum resolution of 2400 x 3000 pixels, a maximum of 5MB and in jpeg/jpg format. No major digital enhancements or alterations will be accepted. Please do not include any watermarks, date stamps, borders, writing or quotes on photos. Upload your photo to our Smugmug Gallery
- Then email Melissa Hollander at email@example.com with the following information:
1. Photographer's name, address, phone and email
2. Description and name of each submitted photo
3. Park or program and date (if known) of each photo
4. Contest category photo is being entered
5. Signed photo release, if applicable
- Contest Categories: Participants may enter up to two (2) entries per category. Photos do not have to have been taken in 2023-24, they can be from any year. All photos must be taken at a Round Lake Area Park District site and/or during a Park District program. Please visit our Parks District Map to see all Round Lake Area Park District sites.
- Park District Fun
- Youth (16 and under)
- If you are entering any photos containing recognizable people (photos showing faces), the photo submission must be accompanied by a signed photo release form included HERE. Do not submit photos of strangers. A form must be signed by each adult in the photo and permission granted by a parent or guardian for any child pictured. A photocopy of the form can be emailed with other entry information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No major digital enhancements or alterations will be accepted. Do not include any watermarks, date stamps, names, borders, writing or quotes on your photos.
- Photos must be your own and not taken by somebody other than you. Your submission of the entry is your guarantee that you are the author, sole owner and copyright holder of the photo.
- Judging and Awards:
- Photos will be reviewed by a panel of Park District staff and will be judged on content, image quality, composition, creativity and storytelling.
- First, second, and third place ribbons will be awarded in each category. Winning photos will be displayed in the Robert W. Rolek Community Center. First place winners will have the choice of prize: either one free round of golf at Renwood Golf Course or one free summer pool pass.
- By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to allow the Round Lake Area Park District to use their photograph and/or name in any Park District publication, advertisement, or merchandise without further notice or compensation. The Round Lake Area Park District may publish or use any submitted photograph at their sole discretion, giving credit to the photographer where possible. The entrant still retains the right to use and publish their photograph. The Round Lake Area Park District reserves the right to reject any photograph if it is deemed as containing objectionable or questionable content.
- All entrants will receive an email acknowledging and verifying their entry. If you do not receive a verification email within two weeks of your entry, please call Melissa Hollander at 847-886-5108.
- An exhibition of the winning photos and reception for the photographers, their families and the public will be held at the Robert W. Rolek Community Center.