Sun May 23, 2021
Governor Pritzker issued an updated executive order May 17, 2021 to align Illinois mask guidance with the CDC, lifting the mask mandate and social distancing requirements for fully vaccinated individuals in most settings.
During the Bridge to Phase 5 of Restore Illinois, the Round Lake Area Park District is implementing the following mask requirements:
- Fully vaccinated individuals may participate in Park District programs or visit facilities as a patron, spectator or volunteer without a face covering.
- By entering a Park District facility or participating in a program without a face covering, you are truthfully verifying that you have been fully vaccinated.
- If a fully vaccinated person is participating in or attending a children’s program, indoors or outdoors, a face covering must be worn.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear face coverings while participating in our programs and facilities, except while actively swimming, within the splash park area, or during outdoor fitness activities.
- Park District staff, employees and contractual program providers will continue to wear face coverings when working indoors or when social distancing cannot be maintained while working outdoors.
These mask rules are effective May 23, 2021 and until further notice. Please reach out to your program’s supervisor with any program-specific questions regarding guidance.
The Park District will continue to follow operational guidelines put in place by the Illinois Department of Public Health and other regulatory agencies including those related to athletics, camps, and facility capacity limits until they are updated, or additional direction is provided.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this next phase together. As always, please continue to be respectful of the health, safety, and choices of others, and continue to refer to rlapd.org for the most current information and updates.