Kayak and Paddle Board Rentals at Huebner Shores
We have watercraft rentals available! Our self-serve watercraft station with kayaks, tandem kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards are open for public use from May 1 - October 31 at Huebner Shores Park, 1331 Round Lake Drive, Round Lake Beach. The Round Lake Area Park District requires that you must be at least 18 years old to rent and use this equipment. Anyone younger than 18 may participate if they are in a tandem kayak with someone 18 or over. Paddling is a safe and affordable way to enjoy the lake!
When to Rent
Kayaks and Paddle Boards are available to rent in 3-hour time slots.
8 am - 10:55 am
11 am - 1:55 pm
2 pm - 4:55 pm
NOTE: You must make your reservation prior to the start of the time slot you are renting. For example, if you want a rental for the 11 am -1:55 pm timeslot, you need to make the reservation prior to 11 am. When 11 am hits, that time slot will no longer be available for reservation and you will have to wait for the next available timeslot.
Single: $15 per timeslot
Double: $20 per timeslot
Paddle Board: $15 per time slot
If you return late, you will be charged $50 per hour per item.
How to Rent
- Click the "Make a Reservation" button
- Choose your rental period. NOTE: You cannot reserve a watercraft once the rental period has started.
- Read the safety information and sign the waiver.
- Pay with a credit card.
- You will be emailed and texted an access code that unlocks a locker that includes your watercraft, paddle, and life vest (PFD).
- Check your spam if you don't receive your access code.
- Remove your equipment and close your locker.
- Be safe! Enjoy your time on the lake.
- Return your equipment 5 minutes prior to your end time to ensure you do not incur a late fee.
Always wear the provided personal flotation device while using watercraft equipment.
Equipment must be returned and secured 5 minutes prior to the end of the rental window to avoid late fees.
Participants under 18 years old must be in a tandem kayak with someone over 18 years of age.
Personal flotation device and paddles must be secured inside the kayak and strapped in the mesh on top of the paddle board when returned; the fin of the paddle board must be removed and stored in the side door compartment of the unit.
In severe weather, leave the water and return the equipment to the unit immediately.
Do not abandon or leave equipment outside of the station. You will be charged for the replacement of damaged, lost, or stolen equipment.
If you are returning late, you will need to call to unlock the station and return the equipment. 847-354-0360
In case of emergency, call 911