The Huebner Fishery Management Foundation was created after the passing of John Huebner, a long-time resident of Round Lake and advocate of fishing, recreation and conservation. Through the assistance of the Huebner Fishery Management Foundation and John Huebner's vision, the Round Lake Area Park District is working to promote good fishing for all age and skill levels, the achievement of a reasonable diverse fish population, and the safe enjoyment of all water recreation activities through public opportunities and education.
- Spring and Fall Shoreline Clean-Up Days - Volunteers Needed
- Family Fishing Events
- World Water Day
Virtual Fishing Derby
Family Fishing Event
Due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, registration is required for the Family Fishing Event. Register HERE
Numerous studies have linked exposure to nature with increased energy and a heightened sense of wellbeing, so get outside and enjoy the world before you.
For more information, please contact Kathy Paczynski, Recreation Supervisor at (847) 740-9823.
- Fishing - Access to Fishing through the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR)
- Borrow Equipment: We provide the fishing pole, a lead-free tackle packet, and a fishing guide at no charge! Fishing equipment is available through the Prairie Grass Nature Museum. You can reserve the fishing poles online HERE. The amount of time to borrow the fishing equipment can be individualized.
- Fishing License: Round Lake Area Park District residents ages 16-20 who purchase a fishing license through the Illinois Department of Natural Resources can receive a gift card from the park district. Save your receipt from the IDNR and bring it to the Robert W. Rolek Community Center, 814 Hart Road, Round Lake, during registration hours to participate.
- Fish Stocking - The Huebner Fishery Management Foundation partners with the Round Lake Management Commission to support John Huebner's vision of good fishing in Round Lake and support a healthy lake ecosystem balance.
- Seasonal Programs
- Spring: Fishing Camp, FREE!
- Fall: Fishing Camps, FREE!
- We offer group programs for beginners and intermediate levels alike.
- All gear will be provided to allow for a safe and enjoyable session.
- Staff is consistently trained and stays up to date with safety and rescue skills.
- Gear Includes:
- First Aid Supplies