Imagine a tot-sized replica of a town built especially for kids. A place where they can drive a car to the grocery store, gas up at the local gas station, be a fireman, police officer or even a daycare worker! Our Neighborhood is a place where children ages 1-6 practice various roles in a community, challenging themselves to explore, imagine and create, exercising both mind and body. We also have a crawler zone for those with siblings under 1. We meet a variety of "Illinois State Early Learning Standards" that have been developed for Early Childhood Developmental Education.
Scheduled open hours are subject to change / cancellation without notice.
Wednesdays: 5:00-6:30pm (Free Admission)
The museum will be closed August 18-22, Sept. 3 & 22, Oct. 20, Dec. 24-26 & 31, Jan. 1-2.
The following hours have been reserved for the exclusive use of our museum members. These members may also visit during any open hour session. Scheduled open hours are subject to change / cancellation without notice.
||Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 9:00 - 9:30 am
|Afternoons||Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 1:00 - 1:30 pm|
|Evenings||Tuesdays: 6:00 - 7:00 pm|
Special Interest Groups
Time has been set aside for these special groups:
||$1/child, Tuesdays: 4:30 - 6:30 pm beginning on Sept. 18
||$5/child, 9:30 - 11:30 am on the following Friday mornings: Sept. 14, Oct. 12, Nov. 9|
$6 per child. Maximum capacity is 30 children, so get here early! All children must have an adult chaperone.
Children's Neighborhood Museum Membership
- Annual Family Memberships: $85 - If you think you will visit more than 8 times in a year, the $85 family membership is ideal for you!
- Membership Discount on over 20 programs that the Children's Neighborhood Museum offers
- Discount on any Birthday or Private Group Rental with the museum
- FREE admission (two swipe cards per family) for two children in the same household for one year
- FREE t-shirt for each child
- You may add an additional child for $30; additional swipe card $10
- Enjoy Members-Only hours
- Quarterly newsletter
Private Group / School Rentals
- 90 minute rental
- A non-refundable deposit is required to hold your reservation, which will apply towards your final balance.
- Costs: $5 per child, one adult per 10 children is required (Min/Max: 5/30 children).
- Rentals include a coupon to visit with their family at a later date.
- We also have a wonderful Prairie Grass Nature Museum, which we can add to your visit upon availability (additional fee applies).
For private group or party rentals, please contact Margaret Kissner or call 847-546-8558.